Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Do your own due diligence

Legal disclaimer: This posting reflects the express concerns and ideas of the author. My name is Reverend Biggus and I approve this message.

ac·count·a·ble (ə-koun'tə-bəl) Pronunciation Key adj.
Liable to being called to account; answerable. See Synonyms at responsible.

Reference: accountability. (n.d.). The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition. Retrieved May 22, 2007, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/accountability

Accountability is a real thing...it is in the dictionary. So why don't we see any willful examples of it? We are forced to accept its reality when we get caught, but until that point it seems that this concept goes by the wayside. I like to reference Metallica when talking about this issue. Listen to the song King Nothing. It talks about the norm in today's society. When things go to hell in a a hand basket, the first thing that happens is finger pointing. Integrity is a trait long gone.

Integrity is simply defined as how you act when nobody is looking. Do you do the right thing even though there is a good chance you may not get caught if you pursue the alternative? This is a loaded question because the "right thing" is a subjective term. Let me try to put it objectively...do your actions respect the rights of others even though you probably won't get caught pursuing the alternative? Another ambiguous question in our society. To answer this question one must understand the difference between a right and a privilege.

Possibly the best way to get an answer to the right vs. privilege question is listen to Michael Badnarik on http://www.wtprn.com/listen.html between 7am and 9am CST. He puts in into perspective in a matter of fact manner.

Let's get back to the topic. Accountability. Today's legal world makes its money by moving accountability from the idiot. Hence multi million dollar awards to smoker's families because of the individual's choice to put harmful materials into their bodies. The accountability was removed from the individual and placed on the industry. The argument could be made that individual didn't know that it was harmful...guess the individual should have researched it more. Let see, when I smoke I cannot run as fast; if I smoke too much my lungs hurt; when I first started smoking, it made me a bit sick. A person with common sense (and there are not many of us left) will make the determination that this is not good for me. I smoke and I know that it is bad for me. I knew this before all the warning labels and lawsuits, but wait, I have common sense. I am exercising my right to choose what I do to my body and therefore the accountability lies with me.

When I am King of this planet I will make the following disclaimers:

Treat everything you put into your body as if it is bad for you.

Treat all coffee as if it will burn you severely.

People do not have the right to be compensated for hurt feelings.

An individual acting to defend his or her person, another, or his or her property shall neutralize the threat without fear of retaliation (legal or otherwise). When that retaliation comes (and it will) repeat threat neutralization process.

Be good to one another or suffer eye for an eye punishment. Capital punishment will be the norm, not the exception.

Any interpretations other than those like mine are wrong.
_______________________________________________

Very simple. Do not question it...I am the King. Frivolous lawsuits would end badly for the plaintiff. False charges of rape would end badly for accusers. PMS and a vagina will no longer be an excuse for shitty behavior. Domestic violence will be a civil issue after the first occurance because if you stay, you will be accountable for that choice. How can I be so cruel? Because personal accountability needs to be reestablished. "But I have a right to protection". You do, so protect yourself...either remove yourself from the situation or remove the threat from the situation.

The police are nothing more than a reporting agency. They don't protect anyone. Most of the time they show up after a crime has been committed. Don't get me wrong, the police have their role, but it is not writing tickets for not wearing a seat belt. Wouldn't it be nice to never have your car stolen instead of waiting for the police to find the vehicle trashed and wait for the insurance company, etc.

We as a society have failed. We no longer instill accountability; we actually promote the sense of entitlement. This I believe is the downfall of our society. We continually lessen the standards to compensate for the underachievers so that they won't get their feelings hurt; in doing so, our achievers modify themselves to the new standard. Now the over achievers are working at a level that use to be the norm.

Can you change the behaviors of those around you? No, you can only change yours, so the accountability in dealing with this problem lies with all of us. That's too bad. Unless of course you do your own due diligence.

Silver lining? Yes, there is one. Again, it is knowledge. You must know your enemy to defeat your enemy. I know my enemy, it is lazy, greedy, and weak. Now I can manipulate it to ensure my life goes as I want.

Be good to one another,
Rev. Biggus

No comments: