Sunday, July 15, 2007

What is good for the goose....

The link in this post (http://www.break.com/index/are-you-friggin-kiddin-me.html) takes you to a news report about FBI capabilities. All I can say is WTF!!! Yes even a Reverend says the F-word in situations as extreme as this.

The news report says that the FBI can activate the microphone on your cell phone by tapping into it on the GPS feature. Most phones today have the feature which can be turned off...no problem right. NO! The feature stays enabled for 911 calls and therefore can be traced.

Here is my beef. It is not that they can listen into my calls, because I pray that people will listen to what I have to say...they may snap out of their sheepy sleep and delusional perceptions if they listen. I am a law abiding person with nothing to hide. My problem with it is a moral one.

The government outlaws guns and is trying to outlaw all guns based on a chance. You, the reader, cannot own a gun because you may use it to do something wrong. That is the whole premise of their reasoning. I say what is good for the goose is good for the gander. The fact that they have the capability to listen my phone is good enough reason to make that technology illegal by their reasoning. They may use it to do something wrong.

Here in lies the mentality that the government sees themselves above the law. I am not talking about the law that those, you elected, create on a whim. I am talking about the right way to live (KYFHO). Now before anyone bitches about the term "you elected", I say that because the people I vote for have never been elected to office.

Also note that I delineated between laws and the right way to live. This stems from a comment made by Nancy Pelosi on that show with Chris Matthews. She was talking about the abomination of the Patriot Act and how America needed it even though the processes and procedures in it were illegal; those processes and procedures would remain illegal until they change the laws to make them legal. Talk about carte blanche. A violation of rights is still a violation if you change the laws. Laws dictate the leeway with privileges...a right is absolute and is not affected by whatever cornball law the fickle society comes up with.

If we start letting the human rights in this country fall to laws, there will be no consistency in anything. In our litigious society, laws are made to help one sector of the populace; the full intent is to better one sector without regard to the others (affirmative action, Arizona's smoking ban, etc). This selfish trend is taking over because the law makers have forgotten what a right is; in the eyes of the government, we have what we have because they allow us to have it. Sounds like slavery to me.

Be good to one another (and pass that on to your elected official before it is too late. They won't listen, but at least you can say you tried to do something about it. Too bad it is this same lackadaisical attitude that got us in this situation in the first place),

Rev. Biggus

No comments: